Thursday 28 March 2013

Breakfast at Tumkur : The unexpected ride

Well, this one's a bit funny. It all started on a Thursday afternoon, a random thought crossed a mind. What shall I do this Sunday morning? His hands were itching for the handle bars, his legs for the gear. As soon as that question was posed to the rest of the club by this rider, within an instant, a group was formed. We had no destination, we had no start point, no idea what so ever except for the fact that we all wanted yet another ride on Sunday. So started the discussions. Half an hour later, we had decided the place, the riders and the time. By now, you must be itching for me to reveal the details, well here it is. We decided to go to Pavithra Idly hotel, Tumkur with a plan to leave by 6.30 am with 11 bullets, 2 xylos and 19 people starting from opposite Iskcon on Sunday.


Discovering my tool kit!!
For probably the first time in my life I was early, and just my luck, others got late. Sidd, the rascal, arrived on his brother's tbts, wearing his brother's riding gear and with fuel filled using his brother's wallet (Oh well, nothing new in that right?). The first thing he asked me was, "Gauti, do you have a 18 size spanner?" (Which I need to add to my kit, the only size spanner I was missing). What a rascal, no hi, direct to business. But after all that's how we all are. Sometimes, the greetings are understood. For the first time since I started regularly riding with the club, I had bought along a pillion, a very close personal friend who everyone was convinced was my girl friend. Bad luck for her, I guess. Anyhow, after some introductions and some tea, we rode off toward Tumkur. Shri had told me not to sweep as I had a pillion, but I guess I have gotten so used to that role, that I just couldn't take up any other position.
The group on the highway, with the Xylo sweeping us.

As we rode on, Vikram a.k.a Angle would overtake us all in his Xylo, park the car and take some photographs of the troop riding on. Other times, his lovely wife, made super use of her photography skills by shooting great pictures of us while he kept the car steady on the road. And of course, as usual, Sidd was upto his usual stunts!!
Sidd upto his usual stunts!!

Soon enough, we had reached Tumkur. The distance being so less that we really didn't require any stops in between. Before I could get off my bike, others had already started to gather around Abhi's bike. His bike was making weird sounds whenever he crossed 70kmph. Since it wasn't urgent, we chose to let it be, leaving it for his mechanic in Bangalore to break his head over.
Awesome Idly at Pavitra Idly Hotel

Pavithra Idly Hotel serves thatte idli (Plate sized and plate shaped idly) with dollops of tasty butter. As soon as you spread the butter all over the idly, and take a spoon of it, you'll find it all just melting in your mouth. In my opinion, there are few places which can make Idly taste better than the mundane and boring dish it is, and this hotel is surely one of them. Along with this delicious idly, we also had some good benne dosas (butter dosa) and vadas. I didn't really feel like leaving the hotel behind, felt like staying there and eating all day. But all good things must come to an end, and so with a reluctant mind, I got back onto my trusty steed, ready to get back home.

We rode back, with as much or more energy. The kilometers back home seemed to get over so fast, and before I knew it, I was close to home. Anusha, my pillion, for whom this ride was the first with the club, demanded that I take her on as many rides as I can in the future. That's the beauty of our club and the rides we go on. It can mesmerize just about anyone. Now, none of our rides end without a photo session and a group shot. So we all scurried along the busy highway, near the JAS toll gate, finding the best place and pose, and quickly took the picture. And so ended yet another great ride!!
The Boys & Girls

Only one thing remains on my mind!! I just can't wait for the next ride. Its known as One Ride, and it will be a sight to see. 100 + bullets on the road, and we will be heading to Tonnur kere. So if you have a bullet, and haven't yet enlisted, head on over to htttp://www.royalindians.com/forums and add your name to the list.

Photos Courtesy : Anusha Ravi and Vikram Sastry
Signing Off!!

3 comments:

  1. Same problem here too Gautam. Unable to view the pics...
    Other than that it was really a hot and delicious... i mean lip-smacking...
    sorry i mean fantastic blog... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Strange about the pics. Are you accessing from your office network? Is Facebook blocked? Because all the pics are linked through Facebook

      Delete
    2. Bingo Gautam... that was the issue...

      Delete