Wednesday 27 February 2013

Ride to Kurudumale

Mom with my bull. Not happy, that I have woken her up so early yet another time!!
On a early Saturday morning, I joined the pack, near K R Puram hanging bridge. This was a breakfast ride for those of us craving to be on the road again. I had just got back my bike from the mechanic, with a de-carbonised engine and instructions to ride the bike carefully for the next couple hundred kms. I was excited to get me rehabilitated bull back on the roads.



So at 5 am, I locked the key into the ignition, cranked the kick pedal, and watched my bull spring to life. With no riding gear to weigh me down, and nothing required to be carried, this was indeed a free ride. I reached the designated start point well in time, and met the others. There were a total of 14 bikes, 15 bikers.

In a few mins, we started our bikes, and were following the lead. The next 20 mins was an absolutely heavenly experience. Tremendous fog, zero visibility. Morning dew covering my eye glasses. My fingers became wiper blades, constantly wiping the water and clearing my glasses. My sweatshirt looked like I had just been through a heavy workout. This is where the fog lamps, I had installed on my bike became extremely useful. Improved my visibility by a lot. As soon as I switched them on, I could see something, compared to nothing without them.
A quick tea break

After around 60 kms of riding, we stopped for a tea break. It was a completely relaxed ride. No over speeding, no undertaking or overtaking. Just peaceful. After tea, and a couple of snaps, we got back onto our bikes and headed towards kurudumale.

Kurudumale, is around 20-30kms after Kolar, Karnataka. It has a temple sitting upon a small hillock. The temple itself contains within it a 14ft idol of Lord Ganesha.We reached this temple by 8am. Spent some time here, took a quick darshan, a group picture and left.

The breakfast stop, was at Vasudev Adigas at Kolar. I dont know, whether it was my rumbling tummy or something else, but I fell in love with the Vada Sambar. Even the butter masala dosa was amazing. My friends watched on, as I finished 3 plates of vada sambar and 1 open butter masala dosa. Having satisfied my voracious appetite, I took my coffee and stepped out for some air.

After some hearty laughter and fun, we left Adigas by 10.15am and were off towards Bangalore. Stopping near hoskote for those that wanted to take alternate routes back home.

It was a fun ride, and just a great way to start off a weekend!!


6 comments: